Board of Education
The Board of Education is a seven member legislative body elected by residents of the school district. Wyandotte's School Board Members develop policies and make tough decisions on complex educational and social issues which impact the entire community. The Board includes a president, vice-president, secretary, treasurer and three trustees. The officer positions are elected annually by the Board during their organizational meeting in July. Regular meetings are held on various Tuesdays of every month at 7:00 pm.
School Board Meetings are broadcast live on Wyandotte Cable. Meetings will be available to view online 24 hours after the start time of the meeting (unless there is a technical issue). Meetings are archived online beginning March, 2015. You may contact the Municipal Services Studio for older meetings. To view the "City Meeting Videos Page" click here.
1. Provide the resources needed to maximize student achievement.
2. Provide opportunities for enriching experiences for students and families.
3. Provide a caring, safe, and orderly school community.
4. Maintain and strengthen the financial status of the District to include maintaining a minimum fund balance of 10 percent.
5. Maintain policies that govern how the District operates.
6. Cultivate and support community partnerships.
Educate - Inspire - Empower