SCHOOL OF CHOICE
Wyandotte Public Schools
Your School of Choice
Wyandotte Public Schools is participating in the State of Michigan’s “School of Choice Program” and accepting applications for students who live in any Wayne RESA School District entering Young 5’s and K through 11th grades as follows:
- Limited enrollment for Young 5’s and grades K, 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 – School of Choice assignments include Garfield Elementary, Jefferson Elementary, Monroe Elementary and Washington Elementary (school assignment will be based on class size)
- Limited enrollment for grades 6, 7 and 8 for Wilson Middle School
- Limited enrollment for grades 9, 10 and 11 for Roosevelt High School
Why Enroll in Wyandotte Public Schools?
- Wyandotte Public Schools is a leader in the educational community – a tradition of excellence!
- Rigorous curriculum including the latest technology. Starting with the 2019-2020 School Year, every student will have his or her own Chromebook or iPad.
- Safe and respectful learning environment
- Comprehensive array of extracurricular activities, athletics, and music programs, which include 5th grade strings, band and vocal music – No fees to participate
- Exceptional Vocational Education Program
- Child care before and after school
- Instructional practices are research-based, “best practice”
- Parents are encouraged to participate in school programs
- Virtue Program that teaches students to be good citizens
- Advanced placement courses
- Dual enrollment
- On-line courses
- STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) Opportunities
2019-2020 Application is available here
Application Period: Tuesday, April 30, 2019, through Thursday, May 30, 2019
Completed applications are due at:
Wyandotte Board of Education
639 Oak Street
Wyandotte, Michigan 48192
Early or late applications are not accepted.
Additional information is available on our website or by calling (734) 759-6014.
Enroll in Wyandotte Public Schools and share our vision,
“Educate • Inspire • Empower”