Wyandotte’s 1-to-1 Parent FAQ
“Frequently Asked Questions”
The focus of the Chromebook program at Wyandotte Public Schools is to provide tools and resources for the 21st century learner. Excellence in education requires that technology is seamlessly integrated throughout the curricula. Increasing access to technology is essential to build upon college and career readiness skills. The individual use of Chromebooks is a way to empower students to maximize their full potential. Technology integration provides students with the tools necessary to be college and career ready.
Learning results from the continuous dynamic interaction among students, educators, parents and the extended community. Technology immersion does not diminish the vital role of the teacher. To the contrary, it transforms the teacher from a director of learning to a facilitator of learning. Effective teaching and learning with Chromebooks integrates technology into the curriculum anytime, anyplace.
- What does 1-to-1 mean?
- Why is Wyandotte Public Schools implementing 1-to-1 at the secondary level?
- How does a 1-to-1 support the Wyandotte Educational Program?
- How is the Wyandotte Public Schools funding the 1-to-1 deployment?
- What software will be installed on the 1-to-1 Chromebooks?
- What do parents need to do in order to receive a 1-to-1 Chromebook?
- What are the potential repair or replacement fees associated with the Chromebook?
- Will there be a fee for the repair when gross negligence is involved?
- What are parent's responsibilities when students are using the school device at home?
- What do I do if my student’s Chromebook is not working properly?
- Will students receive a new Chromebook each year?
- How will students know which Chromebook belongs to them?
- Will students have a place to leave their Chromebook at school overnight, over the weekend, or during breaks?
- Will students keep the 1-to-1 Chromebook over the summer?
- Will students be able to access the Internet on the 1-to-1 Chromebooks?
- Is content filtered on the 1-to-1 Chromebooks when they are connected to the Internet?
- What if my student does not have Internet access at home?
- Can I install a home printer on my child’s chromebook:
- Can my child send/receive emails to me?
- How do I learn more about keeping my student safe online?
- What happens if my student decides to leave the Wyandotte Public Schools district?
- My question was not answered?