New District Provided Professional Development Reporting Process for Educators
What this means for educators:
• Any DPPD accrued after June 30, 2020 will need to be entered by the district as SCECHs.
• Educators will not be able to enter DPPD that takes place after June 30, 2020 into MOECS.
• Educators will be allowed to continue to submit DPPD that occurred prior to July 1, 2020 into MOECS.
• Past DPPD entered into MOECS may still be used by educators for recertification during their next renewal.
• Any DPPD accrued prior to July 1, 2020 that is entered into the DPPD Log in MOECS must be printed out and approved by the district.
• To receive the SCECH credit for DPPD after July 1, 2020, educators will need to complete the program evaluation surveys which are automatically generated after the district uploads participation. Once the survey is completed, the educator will receive SCECH credits for the DPPD program in their MOECS account.
• For any DPPD already entered into MOECS, educators must keep proof of participation in the program, including agendas. For any DPPD after July 1, 2020, educators will no longer be required to keep documentation as districts must have that information.
Wyandotte DPPD/SCECH Process:
• Staff will use the district-provided digital sign-in link to sign-in and out of DPPD to receive SCECHs. Each month the sign-in sheets will be uploaded into MOECS. It is up to the teacher to log their PD using the links provided.
• All information must be correct when signing in to receive SCECHs.
• Teacher will log only 1 entry per day for all cumulative PD (PLCs and PD) on that date. For instance, you had a PLC from 9-10 and did a building-wide PD from 1-3, you could enter PLC/PD-Celebrate Hope as the name and a length of 3 hours.
• The length of professional development must match the length of the PD.
• Complete entries in a timely manner. PD should be logged in the month it took place. Starting December 1st, DPPD from August- November will no longer be submitted into MOECS so staff MUST stay current when logging PD.
Action Items To ensure SCECH credit for DPPD, educators may want to do the following:
• Ensure the accuracy of personal contact information in MOECS. Program evaluation survey notifications are sent to the email address listed in MOECS.
• Regularly check MOECS for program evaluation surveys needing completion by clicking on “Complete SCECH Evaluations” on the MOECS homepage.
DPPD/SCECH Digital Sign-In Links:
MDE DPPD: What Qualifies for Professional Development
Michigan LearnPort - Michigan LearnPort
provides online learning solutions for educators: Access high-quality online courses and resources, meet professional development requirements, earn State Continuing Education Clock Hours and more.
- EduPath is organized into pathways containing self-paced courses. Choose one that meets your professional learning objectives.
- See great teaching in action. Browse the videos to see techniques great teachers use in their classrooms. Teaching Channel is a video showcase -- online and on TV -- of inspired and effective teaching practices.
- A professional development program supported by the Michigan Department of Education.