GSRP: Free Preschool
GSRP: 4 Year-Old Free Preschool Options
2017-2018 Wyandotte Early Childhood Program
Wyandotte Public Schools is proud to partner with the State of Michigan to provide a free 4 year-old preschool program for qualifying students. The Great Start Readiness Program (GSRP Program) provides students with a high-quality preschool experience focused on the development of Social/Emotional, Literacy, Mathematics, Social Studies, Science, Creative Development & Physical Development on a daily basis. Wyandotte Public School offers both full-day and half-day options to meet the varying needs of our families.
Both Wyandotte residents and out-of-district families are eligible to apply.
Age Requirement: Your child may be eligible to participate in the GSRP (Free) Preschool Program if your child will be 4 years old by September 1st, 2017.
Full Day Classrooms Monday-Thursday 8:15AM-3:15PM
Morning Half-Day Monday-Thursday 8:15AM-11:30AM
Afternoon Half-Day Monday-Thursday 12:15PM-3:30PM
How Do I Know If My Child Qualifies? During the application process, a program staff member will sit down with you and determine if your child is eligible for the GSRP Preschool Program. Your child may qualify for our free preschool program based on the following criteria:
- Does your child have a diagnosed disability?
- Does your child have an identified developmental delay?
- Does your child have severe or challenging behaviors?
- Is a language other than English spoken in your home?
- Did one of your child's parents receive their GED or not graduate from High School?
- Is your child (or a parent) a victim of abuse or neglect?
- Does your family have unstable housing?
- Did one of your child's parents have their first child before the age of 20?
2017-2018 Application Process: Applications for the 2017-2018 school year are now available. Please contact Cristina Chinavare, Director of Early Childhood, at 734.759.5700 to have an application packet mailed to your home.